Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Music Review: Dream Come True by D.Webb

Nowadays I have been very disappointed in the music deamed popular by, whoever decides these types of things for my generation. It seems like women get more and more disrespected and unloved, take for example Lil Wayne feat. Chris Brown’s “These Hoes ain’t Loyal” which I have thumbs downed multiple times on Pandora, which has lyrics like,

 Why give a bitch your heart when she'd rather have a purse” from the formally lyrical Lil Wayne or Chris Brown, who may or may not be in jail right now, honestly I could care less who “raps”,

"Just got rich. Took a broke nigga bitch. I can make a broke bitch rich,but I don't fuck with broke bitches."

How…uplifting.

But alas, an artist who is “plotting for the real wave of soul to pass over”,  The Dreams Come True mixtape by D.Webb was a refreshing reminder that all hip hop music isn’t terrible, though I still prefer my Strawberry Letter 23 radio, I may consider giving a few more new artist a chance.


The introduction is definitely attention grabbing, while I do think that its super poetic which slightly annoys me, It’s better than opening with a scene from a movie or something, well no actually I think I would have liked that better. I think the Intro should have been the outro, and the intro should have been a movie scene, yep.

The beats and vocals are very melodious and easy to relax to in certain songs, especially in the song Far from them, which I really like. The background singing, which says “the day in the life of a fool”, matches the lyrics my favorite one being “talking about cars bring the happy out you niggas.”

My favorite song has to be between Crusin, which is also the name of one of my favorite Smokey Robinson songs, and Simple Things. I feel like Cruisin could be the hit single, because you can listen to it while riding through your city, and it has the easiest lyrics to comprehend without thinking too hard.

Simple Things made me feel some type of way about men and how they think, actually just reaffirmed what I already knew. I like this song because he was being honest about messing up with a girl without being rude or acting like he didn’t care, because men are definitely do an amazing job of that. I feel like if a girl was listening to this it would  make her realize some truths about her boyfriend or whatever,  at least momentarily and that makes me happy.

My favorite lyrics in that song are “Now I can’t trip when you over on to the next walking with another nigga” and “I’m getting mad at you like you shouldn’t be mad at me but I should be mad at myself” as well as “What a shame, can’t change your last name, and all her friend think I’m bitter, I’m just another nigga. Shaking my dang head.


Overall I think this was a very good mix tape, I will defiantly listen to it again, and recommend it to other people. I can tell that time and passion was put into the words, and I appreciate that it doesn’t conform to the normal clichés of popular rap music, without trying to be to artsy like Nas…who annoys me. Lol.

You can listen to the full mix tape here--->http://www.datpiff.com/pop-mixtape-player.php?id=m4a08661&tid=1

No comments:

Post a Comment